The Prime Minister-led Inter-Agency Coordination Council has introduced new rules and conditions for entering Georgia. Starting from 1 February 2021, the following regulations apply:
Entry rules for COVID-19 vaccinated visitors
Citizens of all countries, traveling by air from any country may enter Georgia if they present the document confirming the full course (two doses) of any COVID-19 vaccination at the border checkpoints of Georgia.
Entry rules for non-vaccinated visitors
1) Georgian nationals presenting the negative result of the PCR test conducted within 72 hours prior the visit, will be subject to either 8-day self-isolation or to optional PCR examination at their own expense on the 3rd day of their stay in Georgia. If self-isolation is not possible, he/she will be subject to mandatory quarantine;
2) If Georgian national fails to submit the document confirming the PCR examination at the border, he/she will be placed in self-isolation for 8 days, and if self-isolation is not possible, he/she will be subject to mandatory quarantine;
All individuals who have travelled to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland within the last 14 days will be placed in mandatory quarantine for 12 days.
Citizens and residence permit holders of the following states may enter Georgia by air under the conditions mentioned bellow:
- European Union Member States
- State of Israel
- Swiss Confederation
- Kingdom of Norway
- United States of America
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- State of Qatar
- United Arab Emirates
- Kingdom of Bahrein
For entering Georgia, they must comply with the following conditions:
- They must travel by air directly from the countries mentioned above, including transit travel through third countries; (Land and Sea borders remain closed).
- At the border checkpoint of Georgia they must present PCR-examination certificate conducted during 72 hours prior to travel to Georgia;
- On the 3rd day of their stay, they are obliged to undergo PCR-examination at their own expense;
- Before crossing the state border, they must complete the special application form, indicating the travel history of the last 14 days, contact details (address, phone number, email etc.)
- All individuals who have travelled to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland within the last 14 days will be placed in mandatory quarantine for 12 days upon entry. In this case, the obligation of presentation of PCR test negative result on the border as well as PCR-examination on 3rd day of stay will be waived.